VC WW Small Catalytic Probe Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richwarm

Dec 8, 2007
Mid-Atlantic
I want to be able to run my Vermont Casting WinterWarm Small at the lowest heat output that still minimizes emissions by properly activating the catalytic combustor. We have a good number of mild winter days. When I run it at low heat outputs, there is visible smoke. I don't really like running up and down 3 flights of stairs to check the smoke output.

I have read about temperature probes for the catalytic combustor but I have a couple of questions. First, would that be a smart solution for me? Second, how should it best be installed? The WinterWarm Small unit does not have a planned spot to place one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.