Velvetfoot, Christmas is coming!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Darn, I wonder if he would ship that to WI... It might make a nice mother-in-law's day gift. ;-)

I think I still have a new kit on a shelf in the garage. I know the pieces of one are out in the shed. I just hauled one that had migrated out to be the meat smoker to the dump this summer. It was the double barrel model and I had put doors in the top and racks for smoking briskets and ribs. Sucker would hold hundreds of pounds of meat.

that's a cool kit for the right place.. like outside or something

I think my grill would be more safe as a wood stove than that thing.

It amazes me how stupid people are....

Actually, I've seen the Economy model of that stove all over the place. My grandfather used to burn garbage in one on the back of his property 25 years ago. There are bums that use them all over down in the ghetto, and some people actually use them to hold stuff like oil or chemicals!! Crazy $hit, man....all from the "El Cheapo Wood Stove Company." What a great product!

my Dad heated his workshop with something like that but it had a double barrel. one on top of the other?? I was young and jsut remember it vaguely

Maybe we should get one for Elk to use in one of his extra flues while trying to get the nEverburn working :lol: Wouldn't want Mrs. Elk to freeze while he is trying to get the secondary rumble to work....

Actually I've seen those in use, and they did throw some serious heat, and probably weren't any worse than some of the other things that were out there at the time. I've even seen variations that used two barrels nested, w/ a layer of sand packed between them - it would seem to me like that sort of setup might offer good thermal mass, and not be horribly dangerous since the outer barrel never sees any fire.

(NOTE! I am NOT reccomending these as a modern solution, but just saying that I'm not as terrified about them as some of us seem to be...)

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.