Vent exahust leak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ablejoy

Feeling the Heat
I have exhaust leak around vent pipe coming out of my stove wondering how i remove the pipe from the stove i think it is leaking at the connector pipe to stove.I see high temp silicone around the pipe. I can see smoke till the stove lights off.

Had the same trouble with my Castile. Dealer had to come out twice and seal all the vent pipes. Still smell a little smoke now and then, but have never seen any since his last visit.

Gary

If you have a pull out heat exchanger tube cleaner rod there is a tiny gap around the rod on the Lopi Leyden which is open to the firebox. Very small gap. I normally can't smell any smoke, but if it's really windy outside while it's starting up I can smell it a little until it lights and the fire gets going.

Sometimes the stove adapter is RTV sealed and screwed to the stove, unscrew any screws and wrestle off the adapter. It may be easier to add more RTV to seal the leak your seeing?
Mike -

Status
Not open for further replies.