Vent fitting question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason845845

Feeling the Heat
Aug 11, 2014
Kingston, Ny
I installed my wall thimble over the summer at a height specific to my stove. Next summer I will be upgrading to a new stove with a new venting height and I'd rather not move the thimble. Provided whatever stove I buy allows for direct venting, I would like to do the following to get from the lower exhaust on the new stove to meet up with the thimble (corner install):

stove adaptor, into a 45, the back to back 90's that I can swivel or roll to meet up with the thimble, straight out the wall, into a jet termination.

This would give me a EVL of 15, however, I just think that the flow may be bad with back to back to back fittings. Any suggestions?

You could just build a raised platform for the new stove..

I did pretty much that setup in changing stoves. I have a T w/cleanout that goes directly to a 90 w/swivel, then 2' of horizontal to the termination. Had a power failure today and got a couple of burps of smoke, but the rest vented fine. Next summer I will try to find some long-legged support T's (1' is too short, 2' too lonf for pipe)as I would really like a little more elevation to the termination, but for now it seems to be okay.

Last edited:
I did pretty much that setup in changing stoves. I have a T w/cleanout that goes directly to a 90 w/swivel, then 2' of horizontal to the termination. Had a power failure today and got a couple of burps of smoke, but the rest vented fine. Next summer I will try to find some long-legged support T's (1' is too short, 2' too lonf for pipe)as I would really like a little more elevation to the termination, but for now it seems to be okay.

Hmm, now I see you are doing back to back 90's, so not the same - 1 more 90 than I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.