vent pipe parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmac

Mar 14, 2008
central NJ
I'm installing a new englander 25 pdv and bought the simpson duravent vent kit that is recommended by the manufacturer. I need a 45 degree elbow so that I can install the stove in a corner. None of my local dealers carry it nor do the online stores. Some of them show it as available, but when I call, they say that it is not in stock, and that they will not order just one.
One dealer said that the reason it is no longer available is that simpson is replacing the entire series (pellet vent) with a new one (pellet pro), and they are not interchangeable. After my 5th email to simpson I still can not find the part. They keep sending me to more dealers, but no one has it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Where can I buy this part: pellet vent # 3045???

They might have some new old stock at our RDC still. I can check this coming week when I'm back at the office.

I don't know why they say the two types of vent pipe are not interchangable. I had no problem attaching a 2' length of PVP onto the end of a 1' length of Pellet Vent. The PVP looks different, but the fit was perfect. If I remember correctly, Rod said back in November or December that these two types were interchangable. If you want to be sure of this and you can get the PVP locally take a piece of your Pellet Vent that's not already installed with you to the store and check to it out.

I tried ACE, when I checkout it comes up as out of stock. A follow up call confirmed that they are not stoking the part. I'll try Englander.

Thanks

eBay would be a great way to go... That's were I sold all my unused parts after my install.

I needed one also..I bought the up/out duravent kit from HD and needed the 45 to be able to use it...right now Im straight out 3 foot (and looks like hell).
but couldnt use the duravent because it didnt match up with the dealers brand. SO I got one of the 4 left on ebay.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.