vent seal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

serveprotect

Sep 26, 2012
Just installed the ae. So far i am loving the stove. Still trying to figure out the best setting for curran north american blend. I have it on hardwood + 1 as of now and it seems pretty good. When i installed the adapter (first piece off stove) it had a little play. About 1/8 inch on all sides. We took off the side panel and sealed it with sealant through there. I was wondering how tight that fit usually is?? All in all running good. No leaks. I had to buy a different thimble manufacturer thimble to do through a thick wall. The one i got was made to extend. Also, how much ash us acceptable in firebox til u need to vacuum?

I vac mine once a month with my thorough cleanings.

Status
Not open for further replies.