Venting about VentingPipe.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is allowed. I'll try not to make it a rant, but just cold facts for the information of others.

I placed an order from VentingPipe.com on 11.28 for some stove pipe a chimney connector and 3 elbows.
The items did not ship until 12.10 and arrived on 12.11.
The packaging was very poor, and as a result the chimney connector was badly bent as well as the end of a piece of telescoping stovepipe. Also only 1 of 3 elbows was included in the order.
I straightened the Stovepipe out, but the connector is the twist lock type and so a new one is needed.
I took pictures of the damage that night 12.11 and contacted customer service. I was told that I would receive a new connector and the missing elbows very quickly.
As of today they have ignored e mails for a week and the items are still not in hand.

Just a heads up for those shopping for parts, you might want to consider this experience when deciding on a supplier.

Good luck.

I found that with both VentingPipe and dynamite buys, you have to stay on top of them. I had to chase both of them for info. Call and use email if you like. You have to be sure they have the parts and that they actually ship them if you need them in a hurry for sure. The savings they offer makes it worth the wait if you are watching your pennies. My local guys wanted about double what parts cost at Venting Pipe and more than double what dynamite buys wanted.

PS - read the fine print on the site about order, shipping and returns. There is info that you need to know in there, like restocking fees and timeline for returns.

The problem lies in the fact that they buy/resell the pipe. Most vent pipe is sold through reps/wholesalers and is delivered to the wholesaler palleted on a truck. This type of transportation tends to protect the product and they are packaged accordingly. When Ventingpipe or any other intermediary ships onesy-twosey there is bound to be more damage to the parts do to shipping damage (using FedEx or UPS (not LTL) if they are not over-packed or protected somehow (I assume they are shipping them out in the same cartons they came in on). Not condoning what has happened to you, just explaining why it happens.

The problem with them is lack of customer service or any follow through after the sale.
I have now received 1 more of the 3 elbows that I ordered almost a month ago and it is scratched and bent.
Venting Pipe.com is an unacceptable merchant, marketing second-hand products as new, unable to fill orders (can't count to 3) and has no interest in making an order right after being notified of a problem. They take your money and run. Everyone, do yourselves a favor and stay far away from them.

Gee....I hope I don't sound angry.....

Status
Not open for further replies.