venting question.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strangemainer

Sep 2, 2008
Waterboro, Maine
I have installed a simpson dura vent ac-3000 to my stove. Its a thought the wall install.
My question is that there is a small gap where the around the pipe
that goes through the thimble. Should I just caulk it?

Anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks for helping a newbie out!

i know the gap your talking about ,yes caulk it ,RTV 500 degree clear silicone find it at aubuchon hardware

Attachments

• DSC00336.jpg
    DSC00336.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 308
Is that type of caulking paintable? Because I painted the pipe black, and the thimble is also black.
Thanks!!

strangemainer said:
Is that type of caulking paintable? Because I painted the pipe black, and the thimble is also black.
Thanks!!
Most silicone caulks are not paintable (they'll say if they are). However, you can get black RTV in the autoparts store (or the auto section of the hardware store).

DiggerJim said:
strangemainer said:
Thanks!!
Most silicone caulks are not paintable (they'll say if they are). However, you can get black RTV in the autoparts store (or the auto section of the hardware store).
Hmmm, I didnt think of that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.