Venting questions near wood decking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MommyOf4

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2012
Southern MD
My pellet stove is going to be installed with the pipe going up and then out of our home. However, it exits my home underneath a wooden deck. How close would you let it be to the ground and to the deck?

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 149
What does the install manual say?

Can you provide a pic from further out that shows the deck in relation to the grade? Your manual should list the clearances.

Are you talking terminating it under your deck or running it out the side?

i'd say that's a no go if you're thinking of terminating it under the deck . that needs to exit past the deck .

It's a CAB50 and under the deck.

Bad idea for many reasons, IMO. I can't believe this is acceptable by stove manufacturers and building code.

Think of the flammables that likely collect under there. Don't use the stove for a few days, leaves build up against the vent. You light the stove, then what?

Thanks for all the info guys! Time to get my "get the work done" correctly attitude with my contractors

Status
Not open for further replies.