Venting through a concealed Bulkhead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdavisvmd

Oct 28, 2010
Central PA
I am replacing a DV Propane Stove. I am replacing all DV pipe with 4" Duravent Pipe with a 1" Clearance to Combustibles.

The existing DV Stove vented vertically and then horizontally through a bulk head. The bulk head was constructed of simple 2x4 construction with painted drywall on the exterior.

I will easily meet the 1" clearance requirement. I can even leave the exterior pipe from the DV stove in place and vent through it for the horizontal run.

The install manual mentions using wall passthroughs when venting through combustible materials and shows an install option through an attic.

Thoughts.

use the wall pass thru, irregardless. even if the wall is so thin you only can use 1/2 of it.

Attached is a photo.

Attachments

• pellet stove install.jpg
    pellet stove install.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 224
use the wall thimble. It's required for wall pass thru.

The pipe will travel through the bulkhead above the light on the right. As long as I meet all clearance requirements there should be no problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.