Venting, why not horizontal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great! Good customer service is as important as the product itself! I think I did read about stoveguy2 saying how important the Outside Air Kit is, which has already helped me. :) I've been going through the database of pellet prices but haven't seen any for PA yet, but there are a LOT of them in there ha

My vent is 18" vertical & 1' between windows . Has worked great for 2 full burning seasons Muss

Thanks everyone for your help! I did a horizontal setup and things are working out great. The first day installed, we tried it out without sealing anything up with caulk, and the house smelled like a bonfire. Thankfully, we sealed everything up last night and all is good! The house gets very very warm on just the 1/1 setting. Definitely a good investment for us. A friend of mine just ordered a Harman P43 which makes me jealous!

That what I bought was the Lowe's Duravent Horizontal kit but, it wan's quit enough and had go to a stove place and get the adjustable piece and l-36" 1-12" peice, I had over $400 in piping alone. For me that was a bunch of money. I only gave $200 for the stove. But so far the Horizonal works great. It has a thimble that protect the house around where thepipe protrucdes. bjr23

Status
Not open for further replies.