Venting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MommyOf4

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2012
Southern MD
Should there be a black "wrapping" all around the silver vent pipes, not just the portion that goes through the house?

Should there be a black "wrapping" all around the silver vent pipes, not just the portion that goes through the house?

No. Those seals are to keep smoke from leaking into your home. If any smoke leaks on the outside, you probably won't notice it. Then again, there's no harm in sealing the outside joints, but it make make any disassembly a little more difficult...

You can buy both black and silver venting, you can also find high temperature paints in a number of colors that you can apply to a vent or stove.

Vent pipe can be bought black or silver (galvanized), or the galv. can be painted.

I don't think there is any tape on mine. My installer spray painted the pipe black just before installation.

You guys are fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.