ventless fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

horseshoezach

Dec 23, 2013
WV
i just got my ventless fireplace hooked up today and theres a oder will this go away?? is this oder bad for my wife and 5 month old baby ??

The break in smell will disipate after about 4 hours of burn time.Its suppose to be non toxic but i would at least crack a window or have them leave the room the units in .Did you install this yourself?If so make sure all the logs are correctly placed as this will cause oders beyond the break in

This is a free standing fire Place and yes I installed it but the logs were inplace when I bought it used There is no Oder when just the pilot is on just when the flame is lit

Ventfee will ALWAYS have a smell. (Just in case someone finds this later since the OP got rid of his.) You are venting the byproducts of combustion into the house rather than outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.