Vermont Casting model 244E.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamess67

Feeling the Heat
Nov 19, 2007
Central Illinois
Does anyone have experience with this stove? (Warnock Hersey model 244E. ) There is one for sale locally but I have no experience with this.
Thanks for your help.

Warnock Hersey is a testing agency, not a stove MFG.

lol I just discovered that. Ill try to find a name somewhere. Thanks

they also made stoves, i have one in my shed. i imagine the one for sale is quite old as i dont think that they have made them for a while. the one i have needs huge clearances. im pretty sure that they were made in canada, its heavy and seems to be good construction i paid $40 for mine with six feet of stove pipe. it will go in my new cabin in BC

dont have a pic to post. Just seen one for sale in the local paper. sorry for the wild goose chase

The seller only knows what I have previously posted.
here is a picture he sent. He also says that Menards sells one almost identical. Thanks for your help so far.

stove.gif

Still branded under Century too. They just make it under the Dutchwest brand for the specialty dealers to have a lower end product available as well.

Jamess67 said:
Is that stove and 2 sections of pipe worth $250??

Yes. But it isn't going to heat much area.

Im just looking to supplement my gas (opps dirty word) heat in our family room.

Jamess67 said:
Im just looking to supplement my gas (opps dirty word) heat in our family room.

The lil dude will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.