Vermont Casting N gas to LPG

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your wrong on that 3 years ago we got our son and daughter in law a
$400 vent free gas stove from Home Depot. It was NG/LPG stove
set up for NG but converted to LPG flipping some lever or something.

It isn't being converted. It is a dual-fuel vent-free appliance. The valve has two outlets. Yes, you are correct, in that you turn a handle-- that changes the spring pressure and send the gas through the proper outlet. However, if you'll look, there are also two pilot assemblies.

It was designed and rated as a dual-fuel vent-free appliance and it will have some common parts, but it will also have 2 of a few things.

A tried and true original vent-free appliance with one valve, one regulator, and one pilot assembly can't be converted.

I don't think any one is trying to hear me out. Yes I heard you "I'm going to pass out and blow my self up and burn to ashes". I know not funny.

Follow this. At the VC factory 10 years ago the Stardance 30k btu gas stove assembly line. 100 stoves a day go through the line. Every stove is exactly Identical down to the smallest screw. The only difference is at the very last step the robot drops a NG setup in one box and a LPG setup in the other. That is the only difference.
That hole assembly is held in by 2 screws and it lifts right out. I know this because the stove came disassembled new. Are you understanding my point?
Some one hear already pointed out that the only difference part was the firebox. Which is what I want to change.

gsspike said:
I don't think any one is trying to hear me out. Yes I heard you "I'm going to pass out and blow my self up and burn to ashes". I know not funny.

Follow this. At the VC factory 10 years ago the Stardance 30k btu gas stove assembly line. 100 stoves a day go through the line. Every stove is exactly Identical down to the smallest screw. The only difference is at the very last step the robot drops a NG setup in one box and a LPG setup in the other. That is the only difference.
That hole assembly is held in by 2 screws and it lifts right out. I know this because the stove came disassembled new. Are you understanding my point?
Some one hear already pointed out that the only difference part was the firebox. Which is what I want to change.

Well get on with it then. You have the answer. You know whats right and wrong in your book. Lift a finger and make it happen.
We are all too busy trying to get out more now as you stated we needed too. Taking your advise ....... see ya.

I talked to two of the bigger propane suppliers in the state and they told me they will do it. So I guess I'll see what happens once they deliver and set up the tank. I'm sure they'll say anything to pick up a new customer.

We have a new EPA rated wood stove in the living room. The gas fire place is going in the sunmud room complete opposite side of the house.
If they change their minds I'll sell.

apples and oranges... but since you brought it up..you can convert your wood fireplace to vent free logs...but ...you cant convert the "vent free" logs from NATURAL GAS TO PROPANE.
simple as that...

Status
Not open for further replies.