VERMONT CASTING RELIANCE PELLET STOVE REPAIR UPDATE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fletch244

Oct 21, 2010
hudson valley new york
AS WRITEN YESTERDAY, AUGER TURNED LOW SPEED, FANS LOW SPEED, BLOWERS WORK ON HIGH SPEED WITH REMOTE THERMO...TODAY I GOT 3 ALTRONIX ALARM 60-60 TIMERS.. SET ONE AT 12-MIN. AUGER RUN... THE OTHER AT 8-MIN. AUGER OFF....THIRD TIMER OPERATES BLOWER, AUGER FEED ON, TRIPS TIMER THAT RUNS BLOWER FOR 14-MIN...SEEMS TO WORK GREAT, FOR MORE HEAT INCREASE AUGER SPEED BY INCREASING AUGER RUN TIME, OVERRIDE TIMER, FOR MORE BLOWER TIME, WHICH THEN GOES TO WALL THERMOSTAT...SHUT DOWN TIMERS AUGER STOPS FIRE GOES OUT...IS THERE ANY POSSIBLE WAY WHEN AUGER IS SHUT DOWN..THAT FIRE GOES PAST AUGER AND INTO PELLET STORAGE?

i believe your cap locks key is stuck on.... or your shift key...either one...

Yes, if the seal under the hopper is cracked. My hopper caught fire last year because the seal was allowing air in through the seal under the hopper. Pellets burned back through auger into hopper. If stove was on high it probably wouldn't have happened. I try not to run stove too low now and resealed with Hi-Temp Silicone.

Status
Not open for further replies.