Vermont Casting Resolute III circa 1985 and older Jotul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 29, 2009
West of Boston, MA
the stove has a baffling system in back but I am not sure that is working well. I am not getting the heat out of this stove that I should. It is in a room that is 20x12, two doorways lead from it, one to kitchen and one to dining room. It takes hours to get the room from 58 or 60 to 68 or 70. Wonder if that baffling could ber clogged with ashes? What else to look for.
Also my brother has an older Jotul, from the 70s or 80s which heats an uninsulated garage to the point we are in tee shirts in dead of winter in that garage sitting around. He set it up to be a nice living space really. Question is if I buy from him what to look for as possible problems coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.