Vermont Castings 2340 help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2013
Golden
Hello, newbie here looking for some help. I bought a VC 2340 for our mountain home. No manual came with this red beauty. Looking around the web it seems we have purchased an albatross of a stove. We have not installed it yet, should we even bother? Anyone know where a manual can be found? Anyone have a .pdf of it? Love the looks but don't want to install a ongoing battle of a heater.

Thanks for the help

The insides are virtually 100% Harman made. That's not to say that you can call or contact them for information, but just that most everything should be easy to figure out based on their stoves of the similar era.

Maybe scott williamson here or another service pro can be more specific as to which model it is most similar to.....my guess is the older accentras. As you can see, the stove is quite similar...even now!
harman-accentra.jpg

If I recall the history, a school teachers consortium of Canada bought the company. Was the largest company doing porcelain in house in the US.

That was many owners....or at least a few ago!

Basically, CFM Corporation of Canada bought VC and Majestic way back....and then they went belly-up, so the teachers union (who had a lot invested) ended up with it. Since then it went to a couple companies and now, finally, it was just taken over by an actual human being (who got the private equity companies to forgive vast vast amounts of debt!)......

That was many owners....or at least a few ago!

Basically, CFM Corporation of Canada bought VC and Majestic way back....and then they went belly-up, so the teachers union (who had a lot invested) ended up with it. Since then it went to a couple companies and now, finally, it was just taken over by an actual human being (who got the private equity companies to forgive vast vast amounts of debt!)......
Thanks for the update. I had taken in a couple of VC gas stoves while trying to get a decent gas stove for a non electric backup. They were very well built. Not some stamped steel fire box. Ended up with a Dovre. Another company that quit importing to this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.