Vermont Castings Aspen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dkuntz413

Jul 12, 2008
eastern Long Island
I have a friend with a Vermont Castings Aspen that vents 6 inches at rear. The piece that goes from the stove to the metalbestos class a pipe is only 6-8 inches long and is single wall.The metalbestos is 8 inch. So its a 6 inch at the stove going to 8 inch at the class a. This adapter should be a class a pipe. Also where it fits on the collar on the stove, it fits on the outside of the stove collar, which is wrong,it should go on the inside. Can someone steer me to a company that sells this please. The stove has been running for a year with the single wall, but for my piece of mind, I want to get the right class a adapter/increaser.
Final question- do the creosote cleaning logs do any good, and if so, is there a better brand?
Thanks
Doug

Attachments

• IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 297
dkuntz413 said:
. . .Final question- do the creosote cleaning logs do any good, and if so, is there a better brand?
Thanks
Doug

The general consensus is that the chimney sweeping logs may help convert the hard, glossy creosote into a more easily sweep-able creosote, but a) there is no substitute for physically sweeping the chimney with a brush and b) it is far better to burn seasoned wood and burn at the proper temps to reduce creosote build-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.