VERMONT CASTINGS CATALYST------REPALCEMENT??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

augerin

Oct 5, 2008
Mi
I'm rebuilding my defiant encore and also need to buy a new catalyst. Who has the best price--replacement for my stove #0028. Thanks, Tom

i have used the one from stovecombustors.com for 2 years now. not sure if it is the type mentioned above but it's not the oem honeycomb style. i bought mostly for the price and also the vague claim it lights off at a lower temperature.

i have been happy with it. i bought it when i bought my Defiant Encore used so i don't have anything to compare it to.
removed it 2 weeks ago and boiled it in vinegar and distilled water as recommended and it cleaned up well.

Condar Steel Cat user here as well! Got tired of the wife over firing the stove and cracking the ceramic cat. Well worth the extra pennies - highly recommend...

Status
Not open for further replies.