Q&A Vermont Castings Defiant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I just moved into a house that has a older Vermont Castings Defiant stove (circa 1987). It has solid cast doors. I was looking to upgrade the stove to have doors with a glass front. I called Majestic to see if they had new doors to retro-fit the stove, but they did not.

Do you know of any suppliers of stove products that may be able to help me out. The stove is in good condition, I'd just like to get the look of the newer stoves with the glass front doors.

Answer:

Sorry, pretty near impossible with that stove, short of machining out the front doors and devising a mounting system. However, that stove was designed to use a screen and has a large open front. Use it that way for looks, and closed for heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.