Vermont Castings, Dutchwest update...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hogwildz said:
Was just reading how a guy invented a system in the 70's where cars could get 70 mile or more per gallon.
GM bought his idea and squashed it.
I have no sympathy for money hungry people or corps that screw others to get it.

I have heard the same story.

I thought it was just an urban myth.

Supposedly the the modified carbs that this fellow was producing were advertised in "Hot Rod"magazine. And still are today.

My neighbor told me this so I will ask him for some more details.

J.P.

Was just reading how a guy invented a system in the 70’s where cars could get 70 mile or more per gallon.
GM bought his idea and squashed it.

Sounds like the legendary Fish carburetor story to me. As I understand it, a few were actually built, but GM didn't have to squash the idea for one simple reason: they didn't work.

You can read more at http://www.mikebrownsolutions.com/fish3.htm

Yep Tom. I heard the Fish carb story for the first time in 1961. Even then I laughed when wondering why GM would give one good damn if a car got 100 to the gallon or not. Ten years later I dug up the Pogue saga.

Pogue bragged about it once and a newspaper picked it up and ran with it. He never showed up to verify it but it became stuck in lore.

Now, just how the heck did a response to a post in another thread end up in this one? Kinda Fishy. :wow:

I run the Popeel Pocket Carburetor. I can get about 117 miles per trout if it's a nice healthy brown one. :eek:hh: Rick

I dont Know . After she left for her cousin I went bankrupt . Now me and my 20 yo son hanging in our new house just put in my Med size DW . I cant wait . If heating with wood was easy . We all wood . get it , wood . MAYBE VC will rise from the fire . I did COME ON WINTER . I ll tell ya how this stove works or not

Status
Not open for further replies.