Vermont Castings gas stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brogsie

Feeling the Heat
Dec 19, 2007
eastern MA
Hi Gang,
I am looking at a used Vermont Castings gas stove on Craig's list.
The owner says it is a model #2047. He says there is no name on the side.
I am looking for specifications as well as a propane to natural gas conversion kit.
I have had no luck searching for the model # on the internet. Any body have any ideas?
Is a LP gas stove easily converted to natural gas?
Thanks

Look at the vent type (vent free, B-Vent or DV) and also the outside style, that should narrow it down.
http://www.vermontcastings.com/content/products/productline.cfm?category=16&sc=17

shows the body styles of current models (at the bottom) - older models were also called Radiance and Stardance and Pinnacle, but model # may have been different.

Depending on age, units may be convertible. The units now come with a conversion, but as I remember back when (probably due to vent free), a lot of them were fixed with one fuel or the other.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the response. I actually called the VC 800# and they could not find that model#.
I have e-mailed the owner reqesting more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.