Vermont castings insert 0044, ca 1985

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lorenza

Dec 6, 2016
Indianapolis
I am trying to locate a manual for this insert. All links that I have found on older threads in this forum seem to be defunct as the links are 'empty' or redirect to advertising. Can anyone help?
I am also interested in replacing the fans that are on either side of the unit. Please advise.
Many thanks,
L

@Lorenza , I'll attach it to this post.

Attachments

• VC_WinterWarm 0044.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 372
I'm looking for replacement blowers for this same unit VC 0044. If anyone has any information, parts, or alternate blower which had worked for them, please let me know!

There are many 3d party blowers on the market. Not sure if you will find anything that is a direct fit, but there may be some reasonable substitutes. You'll need to measure the current blower to see what fits or is adaptable. Here is a for instance:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008SEC1PW/?tag=hearthamazon-20

Thanks begreen, i appreciate the reply. I will do some research. I think these are unusual as there is a left and a right blower, each positioned vertically...

That's right. Another option might be to try and replace just the motor and not the full blower. If not possible, an electric motor shop may be able to repair the motor.