vermont castings Intrepid II for $500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
I found a Vermont castings catalytic Intrepid II for $500.00 on craigs list. I going to check it out tommorrow after work. IF it is in good shape, is that a good price? Of coure I would wheel and deal the best I can. I would be using this stove as back up when my Lopi can't keep up when it's below zero. I would be setting this stove up in my living room. So a small stove is ok. Any feed back would be great. Thanks Frank

In my oppinion the cat Intrepid II may be one of the finest area room heater stoves on the market, Once you learn how to opperate it ,m ( which is quite easy),you will be amazed how well this stove works
Stove combustor.com replacement combustors are about $75 and they work better than the original combustor.

my situation the Intrepid is the occasional used stove to backup the main Cat Encore but It is used more and more my setup is similar to what you are d trying to accomplish

Status
Not open for further replies.