Vermont Castings Merrimack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wife and I have never had a stove, just a regular fireplace. Since we are tired of burning wood and money up the flue, we are close to purchasing a wood stove insert. After looking at many models we liked the Vermont Castings Merrimack best. Before we order I wanted to post a message to see if anyone can give their review of the Merrimack, what your experiences were, the maintenance, things to watch out for, red flags/do not buy, how well it heats, issues, etc... I know of the history of Vermont Castings and how they are hopefully on the right track with higher quality products versus the past. Any of your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick

I think two posters just bought the Merrimack, if you do a search the thread should come uo, I think one just got his installed and was going to report back once he used it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.