Vermont Castings parts needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snydley

Mar 7, 2008
Dansville NY (upstate)
Do any of you know of a good reliable place to get Vermont Castings wood stove parts? My brother gave me an old V.C. Resolute stove,(pre 1988, double doors with glass), and I'm looking for a good place to get parts. The stove was on the hearth of a fireplace in an older house he and his wife bought, and he was gonna throw it away and go back to using the fireplace,(the fool). I told him to throw it my way, and took it home. It's been sitting 6 or 7 years in my shed, and last fall I took it all apart ,vacuumed it out, and replaced the rope gaskets in it. in Jan. '08 I finally got around to having a triple wall chimney installed, and hearth built for it,(I realize that's not the time to have any construction done, but I didn't want to wait). It works like a charm and doesn't leak any smoke. We live in a 960 sq. ft. ranch house and it heats the whole house without a problem, well if you can stand 75-80 degrees in the living room that is. :) I love it, but sometimes when it gets over 80 it can be a bit much. I hope after I have more experience with it I'll be able to regulate the heat better.
Specifically the parts I need are: new glass, spark screen, and ceramic door handle. The glass has "dulled" but is not cracked, and the spark screen is ok, but I can see how the edges of the screen will eventually wear out and it'll fall apart. I'd like to have a good source of parts before that happens.
This is my first adventure in wood burning and it's so far been a blast! %-P
Thanks,
Snyde

snydley said:
Do any of you know of a good reliable place to get Vermont Castings wood stove parts? My brother gave me an old V.C. Resolute stove,(pre 1988, double doors with glass), and I'm looking for a good place to get parts. The stove was on the hearth of a fireplace in an older house he and his wife bought, and he was gonna throw it away and go back to using the fireplace,(the fool). I told him to throw it my way, and took it home. It's been sitting 6 or 7 years in my shed, and last fall I took it all apart ,vacuumed it out, and replaced the rope gaskets in it. in Jan. '08 I finally got around to having a triple wall chimney installed, and hearth built for it,(I realize that's not the time to have any construction done, but I didn't want to wait). It works like a charm and doesn't leak any smoke. We live in a 960 sq. ft. ranch house and it heats the whole house without a problem, well if you can stand 75-80 degrees in the living room that is. :) I love it, but sometimes when it gets over 80 it can be a bit much. I hope after I have more experience with it I'll be able to regulate the heat better.
Specifically the parts I need are: new glass, spark screen, and ceramic door handle. The glass has "dulled" but is not cracked, and the spark screen is ok, but I can see how the edges of the screen will eventually wear out and it'll fall apart. I'd like to have a good source of parts before that happens.
This is my first adventure in wood burning and it's so far been a blast! %-P
Thanks,
Snyde

Try http://www.blackswanhome.com/ ...

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.