Vermont Castings Radiance 2600 with cracked burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erin

Jan 26, 2013
I'm looking to purchase this VC Radiance 2600. It has a cracked burner plate and does not light any more. I spoke with the current owner today and he tried to call around Alaska and out of state some... no one carries the burner for this model any longer. I've read all about how it's difficult to get VC parts due to the company changing hands so many times. Does anyone have recommendations of discontinued part suppliers or know if a plumber/handyman could sauder or patch the crack somehow?? Here's a link to the unit and pictures of the crack: http://anchorage.craigslist.org/hsh/3571667643.html Thanks for any advice you can lend!

Hi, I am in the fireplace business, (gas-fireplace.com) Vermont Castings is now owned by Monessen, they bought the company a number of years ago. Until recently they were operating Vermont Castings as a separate company. They now seem to be channeling the company (Monessen) to be recognized as The Vermont Castings Group. I can't guarantee that they will have a replacement burner, but here is a contact number at Monessen (Vermont Castings Group) 877- 863-4350. I would contact Monessen first and ask for their Technical department to see if the part is available, and then locate a retail store that can order it for you.You can go to Monessenhearth.com and to locate a retail store.

Status
Not open for further replies.