Vermont Castings Resolute Acclaim - any idea what its worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportbikerider78

Minister of Fire
Jun 23, 2014
Saratoga, NY
Hey guys. I bought my 18 yr old home last year and this stove came with it. It is very nice looking and high quality, I just have my doubts it would heat the home in very cold Syracuse NY. My home is 2,100 sqft with up to 21' ceilings in some places.
I am looking to sell this stove and replace with an Englander 30, built for heating 2,200 sqft space.

New this enamel version goes for $3,000, but clearly used it is worth no where near that. This needs a good cleaning and once clean, I'll post on craigslist and here in the for sale section. I just have no idea where to start.

Thanks guys!

In perfect new condition it can look like this.
Resolute-Acclaim.jpg

Attachments

• 20140918_191254.jpg
    20140918_191254.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 777
Last edited:
Based on no experience with that model at all, I usually figure 1/2 new street price (not list price), in good working condition. I did pay $1500 for a used Jotul Firelight 12, but that's admittedly on the high side of market, for such an old stove.

Reactions: sportbikerider78
You might be able to trade it for something nicer then an englander ( no offense to englander owners ).

You might be able to trade it for something nicer then an englander ( no offense to englander owners ).

I found a 1 yr old one for $500 on craigslist and it gets rave reviews. I'd like to put the cash towards a bathroom remodel. :)

No shortage of work for the handy!!! I think it's a curse!

Status
Not open for further replies.