Vermont Castings Resolute Acclaim - Looking for Upper Fireback

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim_

Oct 22, 2008
Southern NH
Hi all... my first post here,

Our 1996 Resolute Acclaim is in pieces on the hearth. When replacing the combustion package I noticed the Upper Fireback was warped…obvious overfiring. While waiting for this part on order, I recemented and have new gaskets ready. The problem is I am still waiting, and waiting and waiting…over 5 weeks…dealer has no idea when, distributor has no idea when. I know the why of it all (VC’s issues this year).

Aside from a wonderful Hearthstone Tribute we just installed in the 3 season porch, the Acclaim is our only heat source, so we are in a bind. Our house is a passive solar envelope, but soon we will need heat.

I’ve called about 8 places, and they all say “good luck”. No parts. So…any one have a used one on one of those parts stoves you’ve got out in the back of the barn?? We are willing to pay for the part plus shipping if in usable condition.

I have been lurking on this list for a while and have learned a lot, enough to take the stove apart, in fact, too much…now if it wasn’t for you guys I’d be doing my quilting and my husband would be dealing with this.

Thanks!!
Kim in NH

1996 VC Resolute Acclaim…exploded view
2008 Hearthstone Tribute
Kubota B78 w/LA402 loader, Land Pride Box Blade
Huskee 22 splitter
Husqvarna Chain Saw
Bernina 430 Sewing Machine
Voyager17 Quilting machine

Yea parts are a HHUUGGEE issue this season. Its starting to drive me nuts. Vermont Castings is not giving the distributors accurate dates. Then the distributor is giving the dealers bad dates, then the customer gets a really bad date. Its an awful cycle.

My dealer said the distributor has been given no delivery dates for any parts by VC. They just get a truckload and see what's there. Not knowing a lead time is not good, as many (like me) need to make alternate plans. I can wait 5-7 weeks and get by, but more than that and I've got to pick up a temporary woodstove from Tractor Supply. It's not the long lead time that frustrates me, it's not knowing how long. I'm proceeding as if I no longer have the part on order...

Kim in NH

2008 Hearthstone Tribute
Huskee 22 splitter
Husqvarna Chain Saw

Yes, I did try Black Swan. Also Discount Stove. I tried a few more listed on the VC website as parts vendors. I thought I'd even try calling or emailing VC to see if they have a manufacturing date for that part...but on the website their 'contact us' page basically tells you to call your dealer - no phone or email there. It's kind of a 'don't contact us' page.

Thanks, though. Still love my stove, just not all this hassle.

Kim

2008 Hearthstone Tribute
Huskee 22 splitter
Husqvarna Chain Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.