Vermont Castings Resolute

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldho

Dec 6, 2014
Maine
Hello all. I just found this forum and read an older post about a Resolute Parlor Stove from a member. I also have one of these, found this summer. I could not find any model number either, just a serial number of #001692. I was told by a gent at the Company that it is either a I or a II. I am in need of a primary air flap for it and a dealer close by does not have one. Does someone have one please? Also, the oven door handle will not turn. It is apparently rusted badly. I have applied a penetrating oil over past several days, but still won't turn. I have tapped on it a bid and tried to turn it with pliers, but it is solid. Any advice please? Perley

If you post some pictures, someone might be able to identify it.

If there is a top loading feature, perhaps you could squirt some penetrating oil in from the inside and get that handle working again. Hopefully it's not warped.

You can get some Vermont Castings parts at this site:
http://www.discountstoveparts.com/

There are other suppliers, but I can't think of any at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.