vermont castings sdv30rf conversion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pchardware

Feb 5, 2016
New Jersey
hi,
I have a VC sdv30rf propane stove and need to convert to natural gas. VC told me I need kit #0005019 but its discontinued. I've tried numerous vendors online with no luck. anyone happen to have one or know of a different way to convert
thanks

Have you tried here?

http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/

You may have to call the number below.

1095044.bmp?cvt=jpeg.jpg

First thing I have to mention here is that the below ONLY applies to models with the gas entering on the left side of the burner (with pilot positioned at rear right of firebox)

individual orifices and a method to convert that Honeywell RF valve out to the SIT valve, RC-SITEA remote and pilot. Can be expensive and clunky, but it works. I have heard tales that the remote may no longer be available though, or at least be limited in availability. Perhaps you can email [email protected] or verify with woodmans or another parts supplier.

Part numbers were as follows:
20010811 - Retrofit SIT NG valve Millivolt
37D0018K NG pilot assembly Millivolt
RCSITEA-N was the remote which when coupled with the SIT valve and pilot would completely retrofit that RF system (still controls fan speed and flame height).
30000514 Front Orifice (#54)
30000334 Rear Orifice (#44)

hi,
I have a VC sdv30rf propane stove and need to convert to natural gas. VC told me I need kit #0005019 but its discontinued. I've tried numerous vendors online with no luck. anyone happen to have one or know of a different way to convert
thanks
Greetings I have a Lhecdv20Rn natural gas stove and need to convert to propane. Kit 10005872 discontinued, same situation with VC and venders. I know the part #s are different but might we be able to switch? Novice at this stuff.

Greetings I have a Lhecdv20Rn natural gas stove and need to convert to propane. Kit 10005872 discontinued, same situation with VC and venders. I know the part #s are different but might we be able to switch? Novice at this stuff.
hi clarkr, I'm not sure swapping would work. maybe someone on this forum that knows more about this can chime in
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.