Vermont Castings ZC- Stratton? Any Reviews?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nWFCall

Aug 3, 2013
PA
Looking for any reviews or advice on the Zero Clearance Vermont Castings fireplace...anyone out here install one recently? I can't find much feedback or reviews online, any info is appreciated!

VC as a company is going through a lot of turmoil right now - see the employee buyout thread. Might be a good idea to consider other brands, or at least and wait and see how it all shakes out before committing to one of their stoves. Not to mention their spotty record with QC and warranty service over the last decade though previous ownership turnovers.

This from a guy who owns their product would like to see them succeed.

Thanks Jeremy. I get the same feeling with VC for now and I haven't been able to find (1) review on the Stratton. Unfortunate because if you would have asked me a year or two ago in the early design phases of the new construction, I would have said I was buying a VC without hesitation. Moving forward I think I'm down to choosing between the Enviro Boston 1700-C Zero Clearance or the Napoleon NZ 3000. Substantial price difference between the two but the Napoleon seems like it can do more with OA (combustion air) and also the option to tie-in to a central heating duct. I'm going to post a new thread and see if there is any feedback on the Enviro Boston ZC install and recommendations. Thank you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.