vermont or okie df

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Wanted to get two tons of okie firs however the vermont are listed much cheaper at another dealer. Never tried them however I have tried the okie df and they were easily the hottest pellet I have tried. How do the vermont stack up against the okies.

Wanted to get two tons of okie firs however the vermont are listed much cheaper at another dealer. Never tried them however I have tried the okie df and they were easily the hottest pellet I have tried. How do the vermont stack up against the okies.
I am burning Vermont at the moment I burned Okies DF during January and February very impressed with Vermonts

Reactions: pell it
I have burned both this year as well. They are similar in terms of heat and ash. Save yourself some money and go with the Vermonts. Feel like this same question was just asked a couple weeks ago?

Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
Vermonts are awesome.

My last experience with Vermonts was not impressive. The year prior they were awesome though, so their inconsistency is not going to steer me towards them again. That, and I had a huge chunk of pulp from the die make my stove grind to a halt on the coldest night of the year. Knocked my hopper drop door go out of alignment.

My last experience with Vermonts was not impressive. The year prior they were awesome though, so their inconsistency is not going to steer me towards them again. That, and I had a huge chunk of pulp from the die make my stove grind to a halt on the coldest night of the year. Knocked my hopper drop door go out of alignment.
When you had that chunk of pulp issue with the Vermonts, did you notify VWP?

When you had that chunk of pulp issue with the Vermonts, did you notify VWP?
I did. I must say they were very responsive and knew immediately from the picture where it originated from. They had changed over the dies in the interim, but the quality issue still remained. The production manager that I spoke to insisted that their QA was only improving, and couldn't understand why I felt the quality slipped. Also was more concerned with how I liked the new bags. That was really a non issue with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.