Vermont Pellet Mill Opening Soon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news for pellet burners in Vermont! This will be the first mill in the state and only about 8 miles away from where I live. We have always experienced supply issues and high prices around here. Surprising this hasn't happened sooner with all the timber available and the demise of the paper and wood manufacturing industries.
I am involved in manufacturing in the Rutland area and doubt air quality permits were the problem with this business startup. I think it had everything to do with the shoddy business practices and poor planning by Vermont Wood Energy Corp.. Luis Algarin strung alot of people along and made many promises which he failed to follow through on.

Correct, Luis Algarin attempted to locate a pellet mill at the North Clarendon site last fall but failed to meet the terms of the lease. Also claimed to have purchased PA Pellets and Bixby Stoves and promised to bring hundreds of jobs to the area. Never happened and now he is being sued by Bixby over contract dispute. Apparrently many customers unhappy with his business practices and Vermont AG is involved.

I'm glad they will get the plant up and running. Seeing as it's only a mile from my place I can't wait to see how the pellets turn out.

Tom

i'm about half an hour away, it'll be interesting to see if any local places carry them, and if they cost less being so close. hopefully i can stock up late spring/early summer for a good price.

I heard that they are only going to make softwood pellets that are going to be made from Pine.... Anyone else heard this???

Status
Not open for further replies.