very disapointed with my summers heat pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elite hvac

Dec 7, 2008
new haven county
Were do i begin. I installed this unit a month or so ago. It is very noisy, pellets do not feed properly always pulling pellets from edge. Not easy to maintain at all. TECH line always busyfor a reason. They reccommended I sand down the hopper. Are you kidding me. Blower is far from variable speed. loud but not variable speed.

They told me to sand down the hopper as well. Did you do it? I did and it helped quite a bit. Not sure what you mean by "always pulling pellets from the edge" In the burnpot or the hopper?

In the hopper. they can come sand it them selves is how i feel. It's so unreliable. I have to time when i load it. everytime i go to start it i have to clean it. no sense in putting a stat on it. i just let it run.Poor design. I have another one that i can run a ton of pellets and it starts everytime and i brush ash to a pan below.

elite hvac said:
Not easy to maintain at all.
TECH line always busy for a reason.

All pellet stoves require maintenance, imo once you get
in the swing of the routine it's a piece of cake.

Tech line is always busy probably due to the fact that
these stoves don't have dealer support so you got all
these do it yourselfers calling for every little thing.
I'll bet many of the calls are simply because folks don't rtfm.
readthis.gif

I realize they need maintenance. I again have to tell you this one is the worst. I bought three at once of this style and they are each damaged or missing something. As far as the tech line a response that day would be nice not two days later.

I will agree that the design could have been better however you get what you pay for. This was half the money so I do not mind having to do a little more work. I clean mine two sometimes three times a day. Just shut it off wait ten minutes open it up scrape a little ash shut the door start it back up. We burn between a bag and a quarter and a bag and a half a day (Energex).

Line the hopper with the silver air duct tape and pellets will slide right down.
I clean my stove daily (you don't have to but I do) I have my routine down to 10 minutes as follows.

1- lift out burn pot plate dump in ash can.
2- scoop out ash on left and right sides of burn pot with small flat edge scoop and dump in ash can.
3- Vac remaining ash from below burn pot, and left and right of burn pot.
4- Attach vac brush on vac and vac glass and inside walls of stove.
5- scrape creosote from burn pot plate and auger tube tube and vac out.
6- Add pellets and start it up.
7- wash hands and wipe down stove.

As far as noise not sure what your fan speed is on maybe run it on setting 3 or 4,
Also were and what your stove is set on could amplify the blower sound?
Maybe some kind of heat resistant sound proofing foam could be applied on the inside of the stove back plate to absorb noise from the blower motor?

Also do you have the option of returning your stove?
Remember these stoves are not as glamorous as the higher priced stoves but they do the job well.

Yes you do get what you pay for! I will try the metal tape. Does it stay on. I deal with the tape on a daily basis and it seems to be it might not hold up to the heat.
As far as the fan it is not variable speed. I own a air hood and from 1 to 9 there is not much difference in cfm.

I got my tape at walmart I think it is rated to like 170* and no issues with holding up to heat.
Lowes has tape I think rated for even higher temps.

elite hvac said:
I realize they need maintenance. I again have to tell you this one is the worst. I bought three at once of this style and they are each damaged or missing something. As far as the tech line a response that day would be nice not two days later.

Take'em back and get your money back.

BrotherBart said:
elite hvac said:

Take'em back and get your money back.

Haha, I was just getting ready to say that BB!

Status
Not open for further replies.