Very Interesting Article for Us Mainers about Wood Supply.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody...and I mean nobody saw this coming.

Buy a lot cut your own, Im thinking in the future thats going to be the only reasonable price for fuel to heat with...

Plus heating with wood you cut yourself heats you 5 times,

1- when you cut it down
2 - when you lug it
3 - when you split it
4 - when you stack it
5 - when you burn it!

~ Phil

Yeah I was one of the ones waiting no stove and only a cord and 1/4 that I bought from the girl that cuts my hair. I think I have settled on an englander 13 because I know that the local HD has them. But I called today for 2 cords of wood, one guy said they he's not taking anyone new until after labor day. Another guys said try him next week to see how things were. Now, I am starting to worry.

mpilihp said:
...Plus heating with wood you cut yourself...

Oh yes...I've done that many times. :lol: Rick

These are the articles that motivate me to get more wood. I wonder with steel prices rising and oil etc, what log splitters will go to once there is a big demand for them.

I ordered 10 cord tree length at the beginning of April. I STILL don't have it! I have been out back of the house taking down damaged tree. Scrounging the side of the road is still working, for now.

I am starting to worry about Daryl and his other brother Daryl. Hope they have a way to stay warm this winter.

Ya, it should be interesting. I'm just glad my wood is arriving as we speak, load by load. I'm going to have to buy this guy a case of beer when he's done.

Hey, what do you call a room full of Mainers?

A: A full set of teeth! :bug: :cheese:

:runs for cover:

cmonSTART said:
Ya, it should be interesting. I'm just glad my wood is arriving as we speak, load by load. I'm going to have to buy this guy a case of beer when he's done.

Hey, what do you call a room full of Mainers?

A: A full set of teeth! :bug: :cheese:

:runs for cover:

Good one
Of course those of us in southern Maine like to poke fun at Aroostock County in far Northern Maine

Q Whats the best pickup line in the County?

A Nice Tooth

I had planned to order a truck load of tree length this last spring....but never got around to it. I've got two cord of oak cut split and stacked and seasoning since about a year and a half ago. I ended up scoring a bunch of standing dead oak on some family property this year (about a cord and a half worth) so luckily I'm all set for this coming burning season.

Going to try for the truck load next spring in an attempt to get a year ahead.

The tooth brush was invented there. Thats why they call it a tooth brush! I use it when I am in kentucky in a dry county...they all drink that mash stuff! Heres another, why are there so many unsolved murders in XXXXXXXXXXX, because all the dna is the same!

mpilihp said:
Buy a lot cut your own, Im thinking in the future thats going to be the only reasonable price for fuel to heat with...

Plus heating with wood you cut yourself heats you 5 times,

1- when you cut it down
2 - when you lug it
3 - when you split it
4 - when you stack it
5 - when you burn it!

~ Phil

That's the truth. I've been on the lookout for a woodlot myself as it's getting considerably more difficult finding wood and I seem to be traveling further too get it. It's a good investment if you can find a decent one that has hardwood and access.

Status
Not open for further replies.