very irritating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bruce56bb

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2005
Flint Hills of Kansas
our 10 day forecast
am i the only one who gets irritated when it's december and it too darn hot to run the stove 24/7?

10-Day Forecast for
Council Grove, KS (66846)

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F Precip.
Chance High Temperatures Low Temperatures Precipitation
Today
Dec 11 Isolated T-Storms
55°/34° 30%
55°F

Use Caution on the Roads
Tue
Dec 12 Mostly Sunny
53°/31° 10%
53°F

Wed
Dec 13 Partly Cloudy
57°/32° 10%
57°F

Thu
Dec 14 Mostly Sunny
59°/34° 10%
59°F

Check Flight Delays
Fri
Dec 15 Mostly Sunny
62°/37° 10%
62°F

Sat
Dec 16 Partly Cloudy
57°/30° 10%
57°F

Sun
Dec 17 Cloudy
54°/35° 10%
54°F

Get Tips for Driving in the Rain
Mon
Dec 18 Scattered Showers
53°/32° 30%
53°F

Tue
Dec 19 Showers
49°/21° 60%
49°F

Wed
Dec 20 Partly Cloudy
41°/20° 0%

This happened last year in December , remember ?

I couldnt burn the stove but i didnt end up felling and bucking about 8 cords of wood bout this same time last year. :cheese:

Go fire up the chainsaw boys !

MountainStoveGuy said:
sounds like good crappie fishing weather on the face of that dam!

msg,funny you should say that as i'm looking at the other side of that dam from my office and i don't know if they are catching any.
i will have to check with some of the local anglers and see how they are doing. it seems like the crappie fishing hasn't been as good the last few years.

I can run my Regency I2400 stove 24/7 even when the weather gets up to the 50s. After all, I want my house to be a good 15 degrees warmer than that. I just run it at its lowest setting and don't reload it very often. The house doesn't overheat and I have a nice bed of coals when night falls and I really do need heat.

Ya, I think I brought on the warm weather. I started to get my ice fishing stuff together because the ice was forming on the lake, and now the forecast is calling for highs in the 40's all week! Maybe if I put it back in the shed?

Well at least it looks cold enough to burn next a week from tomorrow on Tues/Weds. After that- Thurs thru the following week will be warm and balmy. See anyone can do this weather forcasting thing! Im happy, about a 1/3 of the season is over and I burned next to nothing so far! I do like winter though. Not for the stove but for the season in general.

Late breaking weather forecast...................
Tomorrow, the next day, the next week & month altogether.
Chance of rain, chance of snow, possibly sunny, warmer, colder, balmy, humid, & dry.
Chance of tornado, typhoon, hurricane, blizzard, earthquake and so forth.
I have accumulated this data with my Doppler radar,B-ll S--t weather meter and various other significant highly sophisticated equipment, and this is my best accurate guess.
Have a nice day! :)

MountainStoveGuy said:
our forcast is easy. Expect snow, untill june.

My OL is from Grand Junction. I don't think they get much of anything but heat there, guess it cools down in winter. More like a desert in that area.
Her aunt is in Glendale? or was it Carbondale, heck I forget, its south of Aspen I believe. More mountains, nice area, but too expensive for me.

GJ is way out there... not much going on. I go there once a year for a quad dealer meeting. It is basicly desert, and hotter then hell all summer. GJ and denver are about the same elevation. Me? i happen to pick this little spot on the map that has very strange weather patterns, and can snow any month of the year. Allenspark is in the bowl right below the contential divide. Weather socks in here and eastern and western fronts collide right above my house. It seems like tradition that it snows for the 4th of july party we have every year :) Im not complaining, i like it, defintaly different life style up here, expecially for someone who grew up on a island. You cant beat the 2 months of summer we get. 70 degree days and high 40 low 50* nights..

Carbondale is what your thinking about.. and yes, its expensive, but beautifull!!

MountainStoveGuy said:
GJ is way out there... not much going on. I go there once a year for a quad dealer meeting. It is basicly desert, and hotter then hell all summer. GJ and denver are about the same elevation. Me? i happen to pick this little spot on the map that has very strange weather patterns, and can snow any month of the year. Allenspark is in the bowl right below the contential divide. Weather socks in here and eastern and western fronts collide right above my house. It seems like tradition that it snows for the 4th of july party we have every year :) Im not complaining, i like it, defintaly different life style up here, expecially for someone who grew up on a island. You cant beat the 2 months of summer we get. 70 degree days and high 40 low 50* nights..

Carbondale is what your thinking about.. and yes, its expensive, but beautifull!!

No offense to anyone there, but GJ was a dust bowl. City was not all that great either. Kinda rundown, or actually never developed modernwise.
The National Monument park was really cool. The Book Cliffs were cool too. Matter of fact all around it was very scenic and awesome, just the city itself, was not a place I'd want to live at. Thats just me of course. Carbondale, was gorgeous, in the summer had mtn peaks with snow still on them. It was damn near 106 during the day when I was there, but 59 at night LOL. The heat was dry though, nothing compared to the humidity at 90-100 here in PA at times. Sure is a difference with the dry heat. I barely broke a sweat, and could escape the burning feeling just by sitting in the shade. That I liked! Here, there is no escape unless your inside with A/C.
I just moved here and have no A/C. I am hoping to have enough green for a central setup next year. It was downright sticky and sweaty this past summer here.
Another thing I didn't know.. They have swamp coolers in the west. I asked..." how come your A/C is on the roof"? LMAO I didn't know any better. Ol lady said, wheres ours here, I said on the ground LOL, like everyone elses. Guess I learned the swamp coolers basically a huge humidifier using water to cool in the dry climate. And we want to extract the moisture out of the air here LOL. They were bitching when it was like 40% humidity or maybe lower. I said come to PA. it sits in the 90's humidity levels, up to 100. LOL I said 40-50's humidity was like a day in the desert to me back here in the East LOL. Was a fun trip, I think one of the most beautiful places I ever seen. The trip from GJ to Carbondale was nice also. Don't;t get to see those cliff formations & mountains that high in elevation round here. Just a whole lot different then here. I did like the slower pace also. I wasn't always on edge & tense as I was were I used to live. Its a lil better now that I am in the mountains here. Secluded, yet 7 miles from a nice little city. Perfect for me.

Oh yeah, didn't care much for that tiny 12 seat puddle jumper from Denver to GJ airport either. Man those things dip & dive over those mountains. Like a roller coaster ride from hell LOL. That was my first experience in a small plane like that. Was NOT ready for that ride LOL.

Hogwildz - is that you in the avatar? Johnny didn't die in the maze after all:)

DeanB said:
Hogwildz - is that you in the avatar? Johnny didn't die in the maze after all:)

Aye its me. Don't let that lil axe fool ya, thats for my kindling splitting. ;)
But now I let the woman handle that.

DeanB, is that your shiny red butt in your avatar?!? Not quite sure what your message is supposed to be with that. You like women with shiny butts? You like to dress up in women's clothing, and hang around in bars? You wouldn't be the first lumberjack to do so. :-/ Let's all sing now . . . "Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay"

Status
Not open for further replies.