very odd thermostat/distribution fan behavior on harman p61A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramdez

Dec 29, 2009
eastern PA
Hello all... for the past 2 weeks my stove has been acting weird. I set the thermostat at 55 when I go to work and when I come home the stove is still running on what appears to be 'maint mode' with a small fire and the distribution fan not blowing and the room thermostat I keep is showing the room is right at 70. I go to turn the stove off - and the distribution fan starts and the stove will stay on for hours. I gave it a good cleaning last weekend and it appeared to make a difference for a day or so but that's it, right back to acting goofy. I've let it sit for a few hours and it would work fine and then I"m right back in the goofyness. Any help would be appreciated.

by setting it the thermostat to 55 you mean the temperature dial on the stove its self and not a separate thermostat that is in series with your room sensing probe? if you do mean the dial on the stove is set to 55 is the stove/off/room knob set to room temp.? the toggle switch for auto or manual light mode is it set in auto or manual mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.