Very thankful new member

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locust Post

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2012
Northeast Ohio
I have been surfing The Hearth for a very long time. Don't know why I waited so long to actually sign up. I watched and read as Dennis went through his surgery last winter (I think that was last winter) and now is able to get back on his milk crate. I watched Zaps excursions in his wilderness. I silently hoped TD Firechief the best when he got hurt and now see that he is able to start back at it some. I laughed at Emma and felt sorry later at the news. There are so many I could go on and on.
I have burnt wood for almost 30 years and generally always tried to stay ahead by 1 year but now thanks to you guys I am about 3 years ahead and it is a good feeling. This year I installed a new stainless liner "wow what a difference" I would not have known much about that or how to go about doing it without you guys.
JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS

Welcome to the forums, Locust :)

Love the quote
roll.gif

Welcome, make yourself at home. This place is a God sent, so much information and the moderators do a great job at keeping this place a very friendly place. There are so many stories and is more than just a hearth place, we have a nice family which grows every day. Both my kids and my wife love looking a different pictures and I make it a point to keep them abreast of the happenings of some of our most memorable members. Is funny my wife at random will ask about Dennis and his wife and their well being.

Thanks for the welcome Dixie Eye and Katwill

ive said it before, i'll say it again.

i work in this industry , have for almost 20 years now (gawd im gettin old) but ive not found a more welcoming group so loaded with knowledge as is found in here. i learn far more than i "teach".

welcome to the hearth!

Yes, this place is full of great people with a huge wealth of knowledge....heck, they had me on the roof last week cleaning my own chimney....the savings just keeps adding up

Welcome! If it wasn't for this place I don't think my wood burning would go nearly as well as it does.

Welcome... what took ya so long ;-)
I've said it before. This is the friendliest, most helpful and knowledgeable forum of ANY persuasion I have ever found on the net.

Found it about a year ago this month and I'll add my thanks to all as well.

Welcome
Lots of good info & lots of shared experiences here. I'm still learning.
3 years ahead with your wood supply is a good feeling. :)
We need pictures of course, we love to ogle at others woodpiles :)

bogydave said:
Welcome
Lots of good info & lots of shared experiences here. I'm still learning.
3 years ahead with your wood supply is a good feeling. :)
We need pictures of course, we love to ogle at others woodpiles :)

Yea, pics. We all know we shouldn't covet another mans wife but the Bible doesn't say anything about coveting his woodpile or stove... :roll:

Locust Post said:
I have been surfing The Hearth for a very long time. Don't know why I waited so long to actually sign up. I watched and read as Dennis went through his surgery last winter (I think that was last winter) and now is able to get back on his milk crate. I watched Zaps excursions in his wilderness. I silently hoped TD Firechief the best when he got hurt and now see that he is able to start back at it some. I laughed at Emma and felt sorry later at the news. There are so many I could go on and on.
I have burnt wood for almost 30 years and generally always tried to stay ahead by 1 year but now thanks to you guys I am about 3 years ahead and it is a good feeling. This year I installed a new stainless liner "wow what a difference" I would not have known much about that or how to go about doing it without you guys.
JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS

@ Locus Post...I love your quote...If you want your wife pantless haha.

Welcome Locust. :)

I too hoovered around before joining. I was not sure how I would be treated since the majority here are men.
I have been helped so much and treated so well.

I came here because a wood stove just appeared in my house one day. >:-(
I am still wondering how the hell that happened, perhaps the tooth fairy.

It is coming up on my year anniversary of joining the forum. If I did not find Hearth.com I probably would have given up on learning how to operate a wood stove. I probably would have told Mr Gamma to stick the wood stove up his a$$... :lol:

Happy burning!

Locust Post, Welcome to the Hearth, even though you've "been here" for a year (do you have a pic to prove that? hehe).
I've been here for just under 4 years and I show up every day to get my fix and see how folks are doing.
Whatever you do, don't get caught up in Dennis and Jake's little friendly feud. You'll not come out alive. :lol:
Pics are a requirement (with only 1-2 exceptions), so get to posting those ASAP.
We'll wait.

Welcome LP,

You are right on. This community's knowledge related to wood burning systems is second to none. The inspiration and wisdom of the many moderators and members have helped me select, design, and install a new set up that is so much better, efficient, and safer than venting through my old exterior 9" x 9" chimney and getting a couple gallon container of creosote with the annual cleaning. Who knew? I thought that was normal until I came here.

Three years ahead on wood and a new liner - you're off to a great start. Wood burning is so much more enjoyable when we get all the pieces right. Thanks for sharing.

Just be warned, this forum is addict forming, just read BrotherBart's profile. ;) But it is good to have a hobby that improves your home, serves your family (my wife loves a toasty family room), and saves you money. And if I spend time fellowshipping with the forum, then it is part of the enjoyment of my hobby.

Sean

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yes I will get some pics coming.

Papa Dave: I didn't know about the friendly comradery between Jake and Dennis. I must of missed that one.

Locust Post said:

Papa Dave: I didn't know about the friendly comradery between Jake and Dennis. I must of missed that one.

Not missing anything . . . Dennis is wrong ;) . . . clearly the best way to split wood with a hydraulic splitter is horizontally. I'm still working on educating Dennis to my way of thinking, but I'm not sure I can re-educate him. ;) :) Actually, in all honesty, Dennis and I get along quite well and pretty much think the same on 95% of things . . . just not splitting wood so it's always fun to rib him and he gives it right back.

Welcome to the forum . . . it's always good when a stalker introduces himself. ;)

firefighterjake said:
Locust Post said:

Not missing anything . . . Dennis is wrong ;) . . . clearly the best way to split wood with a hydraulic splitter is horizontally. I'm still working on educating Dennis to my way of thinking, but I'm not sure I can re-educate him. ;) :) Actually, in all honesty, Dennis and I get along quite well and pretty much think the same on 95% of things . . . just not splitting wood so it's always fun to rib him and he gives it right back.

Welcome to the forum . . . it's always good when a stalker introduces himself. ;)

*tsk

Jake, no. You're wrong
action-smiley-075.gif

%-P

PapaDave said:
Locust Post, see what I mean. When Dennis sees this..............
Dixie, now you've gone and done it. Would that be considered a "smiley" butt? :lol:

Another Saturday night on the forums, Dave
roll.gif

I gotta ways to go before the heat is consistent in the house, time to kill !!

Welcome to the forum LP!

Ray

Welcome Locust!... Now that you signed up your really in trouble.... Have to join hearth addics anonymous like the rest of us...

Awe......so that's what the Jake and Dennis thing is. Horizontal or Vertical. I prefer horizontal but then the only milk crate I have has my car cleaning stuff in it.

Locust Post said:
JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS

Thanks Locust. Looks like you've been keeping track of many things. Not only that, but you've also learned and that is the best thing of all. You've probably noticed that I am usually online daily. However, yesterday was one of those days when I did not get on except late when I just posted some pictures for someone else. But I'm back today.

As for Jake, he really is a nice guy; just stubborn. He well knows the best way to split wood and probably does it right but won't admit it on this forum. btw, Jake and I finally met last October out at the Woodstock Open House. He is just about exactly as I pictured him and a nice fellow....except for that one flaw.

stoveguy2esw said:
ive said it before, i'll say it again.

i work in this industry , have for almost 20 years now (gawd im gettin old) but ive not found a more welcoming group so loaded with knowledge as is found in here. i learn far more than i "teach".

welcome to the hearth!

Mike, I've heated with wood well over 50 years now and I'm also still learning. You are not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.