Very thankful new member

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
firefighterjake said:
Locust Post said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yes I will get some pics coming.

Papa Dave: I didn't know about the friendly comradery between Jake and Dennis. I must of missed that one.

Not missing anything . . . Dennis is wrong ;) . . . clearly the best way to split wood with a hydraulic splitter is horizontally. I'm still working on educating Dennis to my way of thinking, but I'm not sure I can re-educate him. ;) :) Actually, in all honesty, Dennis and I get along quite well and pretty much think the same on 95% of things . . . just not splitting wood so it's always fun to rib him and he gives it right back.

Welcome to the forum . . . it's always good when a stalker introduces himself. ;)

*tsk

Jake, no. You're wrong
action-smiley-075.gif

%-P

See this Jake? Even Eileen knows how to split wood and you don't want to get on her wrong side! Thanks Eileen.

Backwoods Savage said:
Locust Post said:
I have been surfing The Hearth for a very long time. Don't know why I waited so long to actually sign up. I watched and read as Dennis went through his surgery last winter (I think that was last winter) and now is able to get back on his milk crate. I watched Zaps excursions in his wilderness. I silently hoped TD Firechief the best when he got hurt and now see that he is able to start back at it some. I laughed at Emma and felt sorry later at the news. There are so many I could go on and on.
I have burnt wood for almost 30 years and generally always tried to stay ahead by 1 year but now thanks to you guys I am about 3 years ahead and it is a good feeling. This year I installed a new stainless liner "wow what a difference" I would not have known much about that or how to go about doing it without you guys.
JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS

Thanks Locust. Looks like you've been keeping track of many things. Not only that, but you've also learned and that is the best thing of all. You've probably noticed that I am usually online daily. However, yesterday was one of those days when I did not get on except late when I just posted some pictures for someone else. But I'm back today.

As for Jake, he really is a nice guy; just stubborn. He well knows the best way to split wood and probably does it right but won't admit it on this forum. btw, Jake and I finally met last October out at the Woodstock Open House. He is just about exactly as I pictured him and a nice fellow....except for that one flaw.

What . . . you pictured me as a short, fat and balding guy? ;) :)

Truth be told LP . . . I really do split horizontally, but on the big 'uns I go vertical and split them that way . . . whatever works best for you is the way to do it . . . at least that's my own belief.

Backwoods Savage said:
firefighterjake said:
Locust Post said:

Papa Dave: I didn't know about the friendly comradery between Jake and Dennis. I must of missed that one.

Not missing anything . . . Dennis is wrong ;) . . . clearly the best way to split wood with a hydraulic splitter is horizontally. I'm still working on educating Dennis to my way of thinking, but I'm not sure I can re-educate him. ;) :) Actually, in all honesty, Dennis and I get along quite well and pretty much think the same on 95% of things . . . just not splitting wood so it's always fun to rib him and he gives it right back.

Welcome to the forum . . . it's always good when a stalker introduces himself. ;)

*tsk

Jake, no. You're wrong
action-smiley-075.gif

%-P

See this Jake? Even Eileen knows how to split wood and you don't want to get on her wrong side! Thanks Eileen.

I try not to get on any woman's bad side Dennis . . . but so often I fail in even this simple goal. ;)

firefighterjake said:
Backwoods Savage said:
firefighterjake said:
Locust Post said:

*tsk

Jake, no. You're wrong
action-smiley-075.gif

%-P

I try not to get on any woman's bad side Dennis . . . but so often I fail in even this simple goal. ;)

Far from being on my bad side :)

I was just stating a fact ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.