Veterans Day DJ Gig

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKSY

Full Time RVer
Staff member
Dec 2, 2008
Wherever we're parked
I know there are a couple of you folks who are Capital District (NY) residents...Well, one of the local DJs on the Classic Rock Station, WPYX 106.5, asked me to sit in & say some stuff about my US Army Vietnam Era service & my affiliation with the Patriot Guard Riders. I was honored to be asked & agreed...I taped an hour last week & I will be on from 11AM til Noon tomorrow, if ya care to tune in. Happy Veterans Day to all you who have served this great nation!

Is it Quinn and Cantera's program?

Do they stream it?

Right after Quinn & Cantera. I don't know if it's streamed or not. I'm supposed to get a copy of the show, either an MP3 file or a CD. I won't get to hear it because I will be at a street renaming ceremony in Mechanicville NY with the Patriot Guard Riders. A marine from that town was a KIA last December.

Cool, Bob, thanks, I'll be listening. :cool:

(I'm guessing that'll be 0800-0900 my time tomorrow morning.)

Eight bells on the mid Sailor.

I listened in on you, DJ Bob. Good job!

Life got in the way and I only caught a few minutes of it. ;em Hoped they had it on the site for listening later but couldn't find it.

couldnt catch the broadcast was already at work,looking forward to meeting you in DC next weekend. will be one of the highlights of my weekend getting to shake your hand sir!

i lack the words to adequately convey how grateful i myself am (and im sure any vet would agree) of what you and your fellow Patriot Guard Riders do for our fallen heroes and their families.

Reactions: Jags and DAKSY
couldnt catch the broadcast was already at work,looking forward to meeting you in DC next weekend. will be one of the highlights of my weekend getting to shake your hand sir!

i lack the words to adequately convey how grateful i myself am (and im sure any vet would agree) of what you and your fellow Patriot Guard Riders do for our fallen heroes and their families.

Wow. Well, then, I shall surely shake your hand in a couple of days!

Proud to know you DAKSY! You protect those that can't protect themselves because they gave the ultimate sacrifice. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.