Vibration noise from stove (Englander) arggggggg!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sydney1963

Oct 4, 2008
Windham Maine
Hi, I know where the noise is coming from but don't know how to fix it. The back panel is touching one or both of the auger motors slightly (back panel holes for auger motors are slightly off from where they should be). Do you think if I added some washers (maybe rubber washers) under the back panel between the stove and back panel, it would allow enough space for the vibrating to stop? Annoying!!!! Just wondering. Thanks

Syd, the "rubber washers" may do the trick, but my question is when did this start? Recently, or has it been going on for quite a while?

pull the rear access cover (with stove empty and shut down, check to see if the auger setscrews that hold the auger to the bearing (these are 1/8 allen and located on the race of the bearing) are loose allowing the augers to walk backwards in the bearing , if so , shove the auger as far forward as it will go and lock down the setscrews ,this should keep the motors forward far enough to keep them off the panel

when I saw "Arggggggg" I thought this was going to be a pirate thread. I'm glad it isnt, because "I dont wanna be a pirate" I will not wear the puffy shirt

macman said:
Franks said:
....."I dont wanna be a pirate" I will not wear the puffy shirt
:lol: Love that episode......the low talker.....

Not that there's anything wrong with that

macman said:
HEMI said:
macman said:
Franks said:
BJN644 said:
macman" date="1256928030 said:
Franks" date="1256927436 said:

Im out!

NEWMAN! :mad:
NO SOUP FOR YOU.....COME BACK 1 YEAR!!!!
"it's a marble rye....Schnitzer's"

Should we call it the "bro" or the "manssiere"?

Mannsiere..."bro" is too ethnic.

timbo said:
macman said:
HEMI said:
macman said:
Franks said:
BJN644" date="1256932163 said:

Im out!

I don't want my guys hangin around with your guys

thanks all, you guys are so funny. I'll check the augers to make sure they are in tight, and if that doesn't work will go get some washers. Happy Halloween, stay warm!

macman said:
Syd, the "rubber washers" may do the trick, but my question is when did this start? Recently, or has it been going on for quite a while?

This started after I pulled it all apart and cleaned everything before first burn this fall. I seems to stop after the stove gets hot. 1 hour or so.

stoveguy2esw said:
pull the rear access cover (with stove empty and shut down, check to see if the auger setscrews that hold the auger to the bearing (these are 1/8 allen and located on the race of the bearing) are loose allowing the augers to walk backwards in the bearing , if so , shove the auger as far forward as it will go and lock down the setscrews ,this should keep the motors forward far enough to keep them off the panel

Thank millions Mike, I'll check that out tomorrow. It seems to happen when the stove is cold. Once the stove heats up and the back panel is warm to the touch, it stops , making the noise.

sydney1963 said:
macman said:

This started after I pulled it all apart and cleaned everything before first burn this fall. I seems to stop after the stove gets hot. 1 hour or so.

Well, it must be something you re-assembled slightly different than it was before. Maybe go back over all the screws/bolts that you loosened, and make sure everything is where it's supposed to be, and tight.

Good luck

Oh, and BTW, sorry we hijacked your thread and turned it into a "Seinfeld" quotes thread....

HEMI said:
timbo said:
macman said:
HEMI said:
macman said:
Franks" date="1256932246 said:

Im out!

Balm? What balm? I didn't tell you to put any balm on!! Who gave you that balm?"

"the maestro"

macman said:
sydney1963 said:
macman said:

Well, it must be something you re-assembled slightly different than it was before. Maybe go back over all the screws/bolts that you loosened, and make sure everything is where it's supposed to be, and tight.

Good luck

Oh, and BTW, sorry we hijacked your thread and turned it into a "Seinfeld" quotes thread....

I can only be reassembled one way, and believe me the screws are tight. The hole for the OAK intake is not perfectly lined up with the hole that was made in the panel, not allowing for any wiggle room.

You can hijack my thread anytime. You guys make me laugh.

macman said:
HEMI said:
timbo said:
macman said:
HEMI said:
macman" date="1256933130 said:

Im out!

Balm? What balm? I didn't tell you to put any balm on!! Who gave you that balm?"

"the maestro"

"I just took a bath, Jerry. A bath!"
"No good?"
"It's disgusting. I'm sitting there in a tepid pool of my own filth. All kinds of microscopic parasites and organisms having sex all around me."
- Kramer and Jerry, in "The Shower Head"

sydney1963 said:
macman said:
sydney1963 said:
macman said:

Good luck

You can hijack my thread anytime. You guys make me laugh.

dont encourage them , they are incorrigable

sydney1963 said:
macman said:
HEMI said:
timbo said:
macman said:
HEMI" date="1256935488 said:
macman" date="1256933130 said:
[quote author="Franks" date="1256927436"]....."I dont wanna be a pirate" I will not wear the puffy shirt

Im out!

"the maestro"

"I just took a bath, Jerry. A bath!"
"No good?"
"It's disgusting. I'm sitting there in a tepid pool of my own filth. All kinds of microscopic parasites and organisms having sex all around me."
- Kramer and Jerry, in "The Shower Head"[/quote]

"take a chip, dip....and end it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.