Video of Harman Advance pellet stove auger noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lousyweather said:
it didnt sound so bad to me.....in fact, sounded like alot of them....though its been said before, these arent totally quiet units...I always figured the distribution motor was the loudest on mine....but after 11 years, I am accustomed to it as background noise like the fridge compressor running, dog snoring, wife and girlfriend fighting, etc.

Huh? No wonder your broke! ;-)

it sounds like pellets are dropping into a tin can if you ask me, don't know what it could be but every pf 100 that I have heard makes that same sound including mine, maybe something with the feed system on most harmans, never bothered to investigate as mine is in the basement, and does not bother me. it has made that noise for four yrs. and nothing has stopped working as of yet(knock on wood).

j-takeman said:
Lousyweather said:
it didnt sound so bad to me.....in fact, sounded like alot of them....though its been said before, these arent totally quiet units...I always figured the distribution motor was the loudest on mine....but after 11 years, I am accustomed to it as background noise like the fridge compressor running, dog snoring, wife and girlfriend fighting, etc.

Huh? No wonder your broke! ;-)

That'd do it for certain Jay, wait until they both go after him with cast iron fry pans :lol: .

Status
Not open for further replies.