Video Of my wood pile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoosterBoy

Jul 5, 2006
CT
hay guys my camera dose video also and i wanted to make a short video for you all of my wood pile please let me know if this video works for you. cold weather is coming and i will make a video of my wood stove burning this weekend and will make some videos of me cutting and splitting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzTUE-A0Wxg

thanks
Jason

Excellent. You are ready to feed that new bad boy stove!

PS: The saw made me nostalgic for my old Pro-Mac 610. I cut many a cord of wood with that saw. Well, I did until it burst a fuel line out in the woods and set my shirt on fire. After I put myself out I stood behind a tree and watched it melt itself into a puddle.

Man! That's some wood pile! I'm jealous!

Now we need to see a video of your stove in action.

he is not that big of a eater 3 cups of proplan a day but he is allways outside fetching the ball and hikeing on the trials all summer camping so this winter he will faten up :) looks like i will be doing lots of video. this weekend for you all.

thanks
Jason

How many cords in that pile :gulp:

Good job on the vid.

propguy said:
How many cords in that pile :gulp:

Good job on the vid.

well i'm not sure but the pile you see all staked and split is 7 cords after i measured it and it was one load of logs. so the pile that's not cut yet is 2 loads so id say just to be safe there's 12 cords there and 7 all ready cut and split for a total of 19 but I'm sure there may be 20

thanks
Jason

Wow, that is A LOT of wood.

How'd you get all those trees? Did you order a trailer load of them or in the logging business?

Jason,
You did a great job. I think you should try a few HOlz Hausens , if anything it gives you more room to cut grass . Natural yard art too.

Big wood , Big piles , Big loads ...... Yeah . Hey J . I noticed u were asking about log splitters in the gear forum. Is all that stacked wood split? If so how did you split it? Nothing wrong with getting your wood supply 2 years out (ahead) Actually i think wood burns much better two years seasoned anyway. Keeping it off the ground , lots of sun and keeping it dry is key for storage.

hi yes i bought the logs from a land clearing company.

and the wood that's stacked i did in may with a splitter i borrowed from a friend but he is now using for awhile i traded some of my welding help for his splitter and when i got it i did a complete tune up on the engine oil change spark plug and air filter i'm hoping i can do this again or I'm screwed. looks like i will have no choice but to go out and buy my own splitter. witch i think would be the best idea because i plan on burning wood for a long time. and i wont have to rely on anyone else's splitter i am hoping to get a good deal on one i'm looking at the husky 22ton for $999.

keep an eye out for more videos from me this weekend where ill be showing you how i start fires in my stove and me working the wood pile.

thanks
Jason

Nice looking wood pile. Thats the perfect size wood to work with.

Holy S$%T..........
That is like the aftermath of somthing i saw on discovery channel on the thing that grabs a tree cuts it and then limbs it. you don't have one do you.... ;-)

I will say one thing though that's a very creative way of hiding the chainlink fence........ :)

i know it's nice to have all this wood but i got to get me a splitter or im in trouble there's no way i can split all that with a 6 pound mull :) i think i got ahead of myself just a bit :) im trying to get it all cut in the next month or so wile it's nice and cold out. i like working wood in the cold. but after next year i will have to cover it all completely or it's all going to turn to crap i have about 8 years worth of heating. in all that wood.

thanks
Jason

Great! We are into the video world!

I have some videos I want to post of the Pellet Operation - up until recently it was tough deciding on the format, but youtube and google-video play on almost any computer (Flash-Based)....

So, question for me becomes is it worth installing these videos on my server, or should I just youtube them and link to them!

Webmaster said:
Great! We are into the video world!

I have some videos I want to post of the Pellet Operation - up until recently it was tough deciding on the format, but youtube and google-video play on almost any computer (Flash-Based)....

So, question for me becomes is it worth installing these videos on my server, or should I just youtube them and link to them!

hi craig
yea if you have free bandwidth then hosting them yourself is good but if you want to share it with the rest of the world youtube is great
i have a web-server but it was real easy setting up a youtube account and just let them handle it.

thanks
Jason

Webmaster said:
Yeah, the nice thing is that the rest of the world can find it there!

Heck, maybe I will start HearthTV or HearthTube (which name is better?)/

Meantime, I am uploading a quick cut of the Pellet Plant tour right now.......stay tuned.

How 'bout "hearth news network.........24/7" or would that be a trademark infringement on cnn :red:

FlueTube?

Status
Not open for further replies.