Video- Pine start-up from coals

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumber-Jack

Minister of Fire
Dec 29, 2008
Beautiful British Columbia
I was looking through some old pictures and video I made last year and this video of a fire start-up from coals caught my eye so I uploaded it to youtube.
I was burning some Pine that was cut and split 3 moths earlier than the video was shot. If you look carefully at the center split you can see the distinct tale tell signs of blue staining that pine beetle kill Pine has
Video Link
Note****this video is for entertainment purposes only, any disparaging comments or opinions shall be filed in the appropriate receptacles**** ;-)

Beaut. Pine is my start-up wood this year. Goes up in a hurry.

only three months split.. i have about a cord of pine split for six months maybe i ought to be using that for start up

Stevebass4 said:
only three months split.. i have about a cord of pine split for six months maybe i ought to be using that for start up
Worth a try Steve, but keep in mind the stuff I'm cutting has been standing dead for a few years, most of it has a reading of 20% or less moisture when I cut it.

got ya!! don't have a MM yet

Pine is a fine fuel for startup and more.
Many wood burners and long time residents
in North America and Europe have to
use it exclusively because hardwood is
simply not available.

Those of us that have hardwood sources
are very lucky indeed to have a choice.

I always keep a seperate stack or two of Eastern
White pine for startup and short burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.