Video trashing EPA stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrotherBart said:
oldspark said:
BrotherBart said:
wkpoor said:
I'll bet he doesn't understand the secondary burn and thinks that is just a double wall top.

I bet his old stove was a Nashua. :lol:
What's your point?

WK is getting ready to try the EPA stove he has had in storage for three years. And I think he is gonna think it ain't as good as his Nashua is my point.
Don't worry BB, I will be very objective in my review and if it does fall short I'll be right up front about the fact that I bought cheapest stove I could and won't make a blanket statement that they are all bad like that guy did. Just to remind you I bought the Mag to heat one room that didn't get finished because of the economy and loosing my ass in the market so the summer kitchen is setting idle till things come back around and I feel safer in my job.

wkpoor said:
Don't worry BB, I will be very objective in my review and if it does fall short I'll be right up front about the fact that I bought cheapest stove I could and won't make a blanket statement that they are all bad like that guy did. Just to remind you I bought the Mag to heat one room that didn't get finished because of the economy and loosing my ass in the market so the summer kitchen is setting idle till things come back around and I feel safer in my job.

I am just concerned that you will be disappointed like a lot of folks are with moving from a stove they know like the back of their hand to a new one. It drove me nuts getting used to the 30 after over twenty years with my old stove. I could run that stove in my sleep. Of course my wife had to remind me that it took me two years to get comfortable with it too over twenty years ago.

I think that Mag has the possibility of being a heat throwing son of a gun. Just takes some practice and I don't want you to get too discouraged too soon. Seems every year folks that have never burned wood come here and love the new stoves. And just as many that burned in the old ones want to take the new one to the dump too soon.

And it would have run you out of that one room.

Edit: Sometimes it is kinda funny to refer to them as "the new stoves" since they have all been re-burn non-cats or cat stoves since 1988.

Guy is a riot, check out his other video's. All I got is wow.....

Unseasoned fuel! Possibly even wet, as he had splits on the stovetop.

But George he, like, actually bought a stove. :coolsmirk:

cmonSTART said:
Just goes to show, you could own the best stove out there but if your wood or chimney is garbage it isn't going to do squat. The stove is only part of the equation.

Like Dad used to say, "The most important nut in the car is the one behind the wheel". He also used to say "A poor worker always blames his tools".

The wood sitting on top of the stove seems to highlight a lot of what is wrong with that video.

It looked the flue pipe was at a 30° angle?

I would gladly drag the old 650 pound Sierra "single wall" insert out of the back of the property and trade it for that lousy stove he has.

BrowningBAR said:
The wood sitting on top of the stove seems to highlight a lot that is wrong with that video.

Grumpy wife at the beginning and wood sitting on the stovetop with no check marks says it all. Hope he didn't leave it on the stove overnight.

Sigh. . . . I wish there were more folks like that 'round these parts. All I'd hafta do is drive the neighborhoods on trash day and pick up loads of these slightly used Englanders. I'd have one for each room!

BrotherBart said:
But George he, like, actually bought a stove. :coolsmirk:

Boom! Headshot! :)

I'm just a wannabe, and can only dream of the day I post my own videos of wood stacked on top of my stove while complaining that I can't make it glow.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'll get no respect then either...

Battenkiller said:
"No heat... no heat." But there's a naked child sitting at the table, not appearing to be suffering mightily from the cold. Prolly only 85º in there. Yup... no heat.

Oh man, I am still cracking up reading this one!

Leave them alone. Didn't you see where they said it was seasoned wood? Their splits are on top of the stove to season them. I would say by bedtime, they will be seasoned enough. Afterall, I did offer to trade them my Buck Stove for their old Englander.

It is unfortunate that many viewers who watched his video may have been looking for accurate info about EPA Phase III wood stoves. They will be unaware that the person who made the video is seriously uninformed about the construction and operation of modern wood stoves and the essentials necessary for a safe and rewarding wood stove experience. Sadly, his ignorance is his bliss! :-S

Wow! WOW!

Immediately when the video started I knew what this was going to be about. All I had to see was that dirty glass. Then as they zoomed out the split on top of the stove really said volumes. It is not hard to believe his ignorance though as most of us have probably seen this same attitude. Sad, but it happens.

Not too hard to believe his ignorance, what's hard to believe is he shows it off to the world!

Hopefully he never gets it to work right. cuz when he does all that wood on top of the stove will really heat the house nice. what an idiot specially when you have kids in the house.

I tried to leave a comment and a link to my "Englander 30 Just Cruising" video, but I keep getting an error.

Ignorance is not bliss. This proves it.

pen

wet wood = no heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.