Viewing Super splitter or DR Rapidfire splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakeside

Minister of Fire
Feb 6, 2009
Mike's World
I am interested in viewing ether a Super splitter or DR Rapidfire splitter. If you have one of these splitters, I would like to visit you to see it.
I am located in Granby , CT and would be willing to drive within a 1 hr.

I have some black birch that would be yours for your time.

PM me with your contact info if your interested.

Thanks Mike

any information or comments from people that have used a DR Rapidfire splitter? prices are kind of high for the parts that are involved but i have a DR mower and DR power wagon that are great units. use them often with no complaints. would like to try the Rapid fire.

jim

Lakeside said:
I am interested in viewing ether a Super splitter or DR Rapidfire splitter. If you have one of these splitters, I would like to visit you to see it.
I am located in Granby , CT and would be willing to drive within a 1 hr.

I have some black birch that would be yours for your time.

PM me with your contact info if your interested.

Thanks Mike

Mike,
I have a SuperSplit and am in NJ. ( somerville/flemington) area if that's close enough drop me a line.
Paul makes them in Bridgewater MA and usually answers the phone himself if you call. 508-427-5800
he remembers every one he made like they are his children...

Steelman,
You may want to get out the DR discussion on www.arboristsite.com , there are a few topics related to kinetic energy splitters there.

Angelo,
I will probably not be passing through your area any time soon, in the past I would be canoeing on the Tohickon River PA, not to far from Flemington. Thanks for the offer.

I think maybe a road trip to the DR outlet or Paul's maybe in my future. It's good to hear more positive information regarding Paul's SuperSplit.

I am leaning toured an Electric model.

Checkout the Logrite site, they make an interesting processing table using a SuperSplit. The use of the Capstan winch is pretty slick.

Thanks for your time.
Mike

Lakeside said:
Steelman,
You may want to get out the DR discussion on www.arboristsite.com , there are a few topics related to kinetic energy splitters there.

Angelo,
I will probably not be passing through your area any time soon, in the past I would be canoeing on the Tohickon River PA, not to far from Flemington. Thanks for the offer.

I think maybe a road trip to the DR outlet or Paul's maybe in my future. It's good to hear more positive information regarding Paul's SuperSplit.

I am leaning toured an Electric model.

Checkout the Logrite site, they make an interesting processing table using a SuperSplit. The use of the Capstan winch is pretty slick.

Thanks for your time.
Mike

Mike,
Keep in mind you can always find a cheap electric motor and throw it on. As long as the pulley matches the RPM your gold. thats the beauty of the SS, the motors are cheap and easy to locate and switch as needed. Nice(electric) to be able to split in the garage in the winter and out of the cold/rain/ snow...

Status
Not open for further replies.