Vigilant I heat shields

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ccady

Oct 25, 2008
Northwest, CT
Still can't get over the wealth of knowledge on this site...anyway, I have searched high and low for bottom heat shields (need 2 when using the short legs) for my VC Vigilant. I need them for an "approved installation". Could I make them? I can't even find a photo of what they are supposed to look like. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

ccady, you can definatly make them... I made my bottom heat shield for my Intrepid after receiving size info from Moondoggy and hung it from the leg bolts using aircraft stainless lock wire... much cheaper than VC asking price for same thing....

Thanks for the info! What gauge steel did you use? Who is Moondoggy?

Moondoggy is a member of this forum and a all around good guy >>>>>> Im not sure what guage steel i used but its pretty heavy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.