Vigilant Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1RadCJ

Nov 8, 2008
Northeast
Hi there team. I have a few questions about my Vigilant that I need to do some minor overhauling to.

1) The back casting is stamped 1977 does that make it a Vigilant 1 or 2? I have the Vigilant 2 rebuild manual from the manual section of the site, but if its a Vigilant 1 could I get a copy of that rebuild manual?

2) This stove has a grey enamel finish. Has anyone figured out how to a VC stove re-enameled? I'd love to get the finish redone to make the stove look new again.

Thanks for the help and keep warm!
Andy

Easy way to tell Vig. 1 from 2: Look at the hole on the left side of the stove, the one that has a little teardrop cover. If it's round, you got a 1. If it's egg-shaped, it's a 2!! Easy!!

Only way to refinish is by sandblasting off the enamel, then paint. You'll then have a black stove, but ti'll look new.

Status
Not open for further replies.